10/14/12

Inspiration! where do you come from?

When I think about people, objects or in general images that inspire me, it comes easily the idea of a quiet and simple life style. There is no specific reason why Scandinavian style have this essence to me. Talking about Scandinavian interior design I just love the touches of white, wood and modern furniture. It seems like everything is designed to sit, relax and enjoy with a cup of coffee.

Out of the Nordic fantasy I am Mexican girl, we belong to bright colors, woven fabrics, textures and the most interesting traditions. I have to be honest and say that I have a long way to explore deep into this topic, but my culture is one of the things that not only inspires me but also motivates me.

What  I think is another important ingredient when I'm looking for inspiration is like I shared in a previous entry: the happiness I get from restoring an old object or furniture. In the other hand, I always remember me imaging spaces where I feel happy -let me talk about this with my shrink, may be an important issue, lol- At the end I believe I'm trying to mix up all the images I just described.

I'm not done yet, this is a work in progress, that's why writing this blog at first, was for me a nice way to find out and pronounce me and my style through all the images I love. I also believe inspiration comes in different packages with different contents at very different moments in our lives.
Right now to me, this image of "a quiet and simple life style" and everything around it, is what INSPIRES me.



Image via Emmas design blogg


6 comments:

  1. That's beautiful! I agree, quiet & simple is good for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you share with me Mariah!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quiet and simple is something I aspire to. I went to Sweden for the first time this year and fell in love with the simplicity and elegance of the country. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karina I haven't been there yet and I already love it :) lucky you!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coincido con tu gusto. Casada con Danes tambien me siento muy atraida a este estilo. Aunque la filosofia escandinava y la cultura mexicana a veces se contradigan, salen cosas maravillosas al combinar los dos estilos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leonor gracias por visitarme :). Tendras en algun momento que darme tus recomendaciones turisticas para algun dia visitar Dinamarca :)
    un beso!

    ReplyDelete